Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Did I ever mention how AWESOME I am???

Because, really, I am the coolest person ever! Naw, just kidding. I'm not cool at all. I'm more like one of those mom's that tries to be hip to fit in with the crowd... yo...? But every once in a while I get a little out of control and I start to think I'm funny. But I'm really not. At all. Just ask my good friend who had to put up with me all day!
So there I was after my classes ended for the day, hankering for something delicious to eat for lunch, when I called said friend. Danny-Boy had not been up for very long and so I talked to him for a bit as I drove the 8 minutes from college to his house. All the while speed-talking and sharing useless information about things he had not a care for. I didn't bother telling him I was coming over, so when I knocked on the door it was, needless to say, somewhat of a shock. As soon as he opened the door I yelled, "GO TAKE A SHOWER!!" and proceeded to giggle incessantly. Poor Danny-Boy's life would never be the same!
This is what Mika would look like as
a freaky, hyper anime chick.
Now times that by 50 and you'll get
what I was actually acting like...

Silly Danny-Boy was not in a very good mood, especially since he's been very stressed about the GRE and life in general, but I was not about to let that put a damper on my unjustified good mood. Instead I took every opportunity to act like I was five years old. I danced around the grocery store as we shopped for food, I told him to flash the cameras at the pharmacy at the store and then run away, and I made him repeat everything he said at least twice. I even took the time to repeat EVERYTHING he said very loudly while he was on the phone with his mom. Upon reflection, I would have slapped myself. Luckily Danny-Boy is super sweet and amazing and only glared at me. Still, though. Why didn't I stop? Why did I feel the need to act out? I reply to you... I have absolutely no idea. But it was fun!
Thankfully by the time I needed to go in to work I had calmed down quite a bit and no longer behaving like a kid with ADHD hyped up on pixie sticks.
It is such a strange feeling to one day be feeling "meh" at best to bouncing off the walls. I wish I could be 100% happy all the time. But I know that without having those down moments, I wouldn't be able to truly appreciate to great times I have while being so happy. And would you like to know the best part of being so hyper? Danny-Boy was laughing and smiling a lot! I think for a few moments he even forgot to be stressed. Too bad his stress came back so quick...
What about you? Do you go up and down in your moods a lot?
~Mika

No comments:

Post a Comment