Sunday, April 24, 2011

Finito!

I'm done! Accomplished! It's over! The end! Unless you've been here, you can't possibly imagine the exhilaration I am currently feeling! Freedom! Sweet and soulful! The culmination of all of my efforts has led me to this point and I feel like I'm floating on air! And yet, all of these amazing feelings have a slight taint. Just the tiniest amount of bitterness to accent the sweet.
You see, so much of my time these last few years, and especially week (including EVERY spare moment that I thought I had to myself) have been consumed with a list. A list of things to start or finish. A paper to write, a chapter to read, a question to answer, a test to take, a lab assignment to do, a reference to check... You get the picture. For so long now I haven't had to plan my own life. It's been set out for me, every waking and sleeping minute. And now, although I still have two jobs that will take up most of my time, I don't have to worry about anything else! Sure I have a list of things to do... Read books (for fun, mind you), write my story (stories... Kelly keeps hounding me to finish the one I started five years ago... He wants to know what happens...), visit with my family, hang with friends before graduate school, hopefully sticking in a little romance here and there. *wink, wink* Oh, and I have a few vacations planned. I cannot wait!
... Ok, so honestly, my summer will be a little full... But what about after? I'm so worried about not getting in to graduate school (something I would never tell anyone in person) because I've been denied entrance to two of my chosen schools, there is only one left! What if I don't get in? I just might cry. It's also the one I REALLY want to attend. And if I don't get in, how am I going to continue in my chosen field of study? If you're the praying type, I do appreciate prayers...
Regardless, things will happen and I got off on a panic tangent. I digress. Now I have all night to do whatever I want! Should I read or write? Hmmm... How about both!! But I think I'm going to start with reading while I text a very good friend of mine. Goodnight!
~Mika~

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I cannot wait until this moment happens for me. I noticed the comment that you left on my blog, thank you for that! I am curious as to how you stumbled across my blog?

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, you and I know each other. I just prefer to keep my online anonymity. Which reminds me, can I reference your most recent blog in my next blog? The one called "Another of life's little adventures..."? If I could it would be great, because I think what you are going through is a pressing issue for A LOT of people, especially young girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, if others can learn from my experiences all the better! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog (I wish I knew who you were, but respect that you wish to remain anonymous)!

    ReplyDelete